Benigno in a Book

The Story of My Life🎾

What we did in Language Arts Class

on May 30, 2023

In our Language Arts class, we did a few fun things. I’m going to talk about them now. 

I’m first going to talk about The Last Cuentista. This means the last storyteller. When we read this book, We had to highlight important points. In the book, the main character, Petra, is the one kid left with her earth memories. When they left Earth, all of the adults were purged and the kids were reprogrammed. Petra was the only one to carry Earth’s stories. This is important because it continues the culture of earth.

The second thing we did was Ideal World Writing. This was a very fun experience. We got to share our personality in our Ideal World stories. This really helped us use our imagination and get to know one another. In my Ideal World writing, I put a lot of text about astronomy. I wanted my world to have a star and a black hole. I also put an underground capital city.  I loved this project the most because we got to use our imagination and write whatever we wanted in this world.

The best project we did this year was book making. We got to make collages out of different types of paper and use them to decorate our books. Inside of the books were our Ideal World stories with decorative paper setting the scene. We also put in a Cuento we made about our lives. 

I am very happy about how Language Arts went this year and I am very excited about progressing through the rest of middle school Language Arts.