Benigno in a Book

The Story of My Life🎾

Our Stock Market Project

on May 30, 2023

The Stock Market game was the most interesting part of my year. It all started when our language arts class started reading The Westing Game. Turtle, a heir in the book, was investing. We started by picking stocks, totaling to 20,000 USD. I picked 3 stocks: Microsoft, O’Reilly Auto Parts, and Asur Software. To be completely honest, I didn’t put much thought into picking these stocks. I just looked them up and bought them without even thinking about what might happen. Here is what I didn’t know at the time, these people that give you free advice are not telling the truth. They tell you to buy these stocks right after they buy them. When it goes up enough, they sell and you are left in the dust. Now I know you may be thinking that I could have just sold when they sold. Well the problem with that was we were not allowed to sell our stocks. We checked weekly until the end of May. I ended up down 692 dollars. If I learned anything from this project, it is don’t trust everything you see on the internet!