Benigno in a Book

The Story of My Life🎾

Field Trip

on February 15, 2023

Field Trip Blog post

Credit to DA teacher

I got to school on time on the 27th of January. Mr.Lovett was at a band concert for his students. We waited for a while until going to Ms.Richardson’s room for the advisory period. We had advisory period and went to Mr.Lovett’s room for a slideshow about our field trip. The slideshow was about an hour long and got boring in some parts. At about 9:30 am, we headed to the buses.

There were two big buses, Bus 1 and Bus 2. The sixth grade was split into half. One half went to Bus 1 and the others went into Bus 2. I was on Bus 2. I was only able to read about 30 pages and 30 minutes (that is really slow).

When we got to the museum, we had to wait a few minutes for everyone to get organized. We went inside, and went up 4 escalators to the top floor with the RACE exhibit, the cafe, and the bugs exhibit. Mr. Harris and Dr. Moore gave us worksheets for the RACE exhibit. We spent about 15-20 minutes in the RACE exhibit. Then, we went to the bugs exhibit. It was very fun looking through the bug’s eyes. It made me a little dizzy. 

The third floor was definitely the best part. It had all kinds of space things and 3D printing devices. I loved the huge dinosaur models. The dinosaurs were definitely very cool.

This is one of the best field trips I’ve been on the whole year.